In response to a cultural learning gap for Hawkesbury homeschooling families, local food & culture nerd Rozzie Chia will be offering a unique opportunity for local families to experience the food of Shandong province.
Come to The Shed @Enniskillen at 10:30am on May 18 or 19, and join us in a workshop designed specifically for kids! Get ready by simply wearing play-clothes you're happy to get floury in, or perhaps wear an apron. Other than that, all you need to bring is your smiles!
Every family receives:
- a copy of the Chia family recipe for sui gow
- a container in which they can take home their creations
- instructions on panfrying their dumplings.
- upon request, a photo of child and parent/guardian enjoying the class together
- a laminated, personalised Sui Gow Sifu Certificate to take home and show off to your family and friends!
TWO CLASSES CONFIRMED TO BE AVAILABLE:
10:30am Tuesday 18 May
10:30am Wednesday 19 May
Please arrive by 10:20am, sign in at the door, wash hands together with your child and be seated by 10:30am for a punctual start!
Families will be invited to fill out a Conditions of Use form to let us know whether or not they consent for photographs of their experience to be shared online at the Diverse Hawkesbury Facebook page and in West of the River Magazine.
Additional take-home packs of 8 beef dumplings will be available to purchase on the day for $10 each. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 8 if you wish to order vegetarian ones. Other than that, plenty will be available for sale over the counter!
THE SHED @ENNISKILLEN ORCHARD
753 GROSE VALE RD
GROSE VALE NSW
- wheelchair accessible
- public toilets available
- coffee, herbal teas, cold drinks, snacks and fresh produce available, as well as jams, preserves, farm fresh eggs, candles, West of the River Magazine and other unique wares.
- 2 highchairs available